We are here to help
We each have a role to play to keep each other safe and healthy. We appreciate our members for their understanding and support in limiting branch visits for the time being.
To each of our members, stay safe, take good care and remember to follow the advice of public health authorities. Please do not visit our branches if you:
have recently returned from travel outside of Canada and are self-isolating for 14 days.
are experiencing flu-like symptoms, cough, fever or having difficulty breathing.
have had direct contact with someone who is self-isolating or has tested positive and is in quarantine.
To help reduce the risk of viral spread we have taken physical distancing steps to limit the number of interactions among our members and with our teams. We have temporarily adjusted our hours of operation, relocated branch teams and redeployed some staff to work remotely.
Remember, there is much we can do for you over the phone and by email, so speak with your home branch team to let us know how we can help. And, don’t forget that your day-to-day banking can also be done securely online, using our mobile banking app or at any of our ATMs.
For now, we are open Monday to Friday, from 9:30am to 2pm, although our phone lines are open until 5pm, Monday to Wednesday, and until 6pm on Thursday and Friday. Appointments can be set until those times too.
We ask members to limit their visits to requests that can only be done in person and invite them to call ahead of any visit to set an appointment time, if necessary.
Limiting the number of members in branch
No more than two members, and only members, will be in our branch at any given time and in-branch service will be restricted to time-sensitive requests that can only be dealt with in person. These include:
- Opening an account
- Accessing a new Member Card® debit card
- New investments, mutual funds, registered products but not GIC renewals
- Completing a wire transfer
Calling ahead and setting appointments
We invite members to call ahead to speak with their branch team about their banking needs, and to set an appointment time for those time-sensitive requests that can only be handled in person. GIC renewals, in particular, can be handled by phone or email.
We will work with you to find the best solution; one that can eliminate the need for an in-branch visit. For more information, read 'Branch access' and 'Ways to bank'.
Relocation of our Hillcrest Village and Little Italy teams
These two teams have temporarily relocated to our Corso Italia and Little Portugal branches, respectively, and will remain closed until further notice. Reach them at:
Corso Italia Branch
1254 St. Clair Avenue West, west of Dufferin Street at Boon Avenue
Tel.: (416) 653-4007
Little Portugal Branch
1168 Dundas Street West, west of Ossington Avenue
Tel.: (416) 533-9245
Keeping safe and healthy
We’re all working together to reduce the risk of viral transmission, and for our part, we will continue to align our practices with the advice of our public health authorities. While we are prepared for a variety of outcomes, we have proactively taken these steps: +
- Our team is aware of the need to practise good and frequent hand hygiene. We want them to protect themselves so that they can protect you, our members.
- Our team also understands the need to avoid interactions with those who may be sick and to remain at home if they feel sick themselves.
- Any staff member who may have travelled outside of Canada will be asked to self-isolate for 14 days upon their return.
- We’ve increased our daily cleaning schedules and sanitation practices with a focus on frequently-touched areas and surfaces such as our counters, ATMs, phones, door handles and computers.
- We have installed plexiglass barriers at our service counters and some staff may opt to wear non-medical face coverings and gloves.
What you can do
- Hand sanitizer dispenser stands are in place at the entrance of each branch and at our corporate and lending offices. Whether a member or a supplier, any visitor is encouraged to use the sanitizer upon entry to and exit from our buildings. Wearing a mask is optional.
- When in our branches, members will be asked to keep a social distance of 2 metres/6 feet between themselves and any branch team member or other members, who may be in branch at the time.
Banking from home
Count on us to do everything we can to ensure your banking experience remains uninterrupted. To complete your day-to-day banking, we encourage you to take advantage of online banking and our mobile banking app when coming to our branches is not an option.
Bank securely with online banking
Bank whenever it suits you. Take advantage of online banking to:
- view your account activity and balances;
- pay your bills;
- safely send, request or deposit money using Interac e-Transfer®; or
- move funds between financial institutions using Me-to-Me.
To register for online banking or for any questions you may have, talk to your home branch team.
Bank with ease with our mobile banking app
Available for free download, our banking app is built for iOS and Android devices. It’s another convenient way to do most of your day-to-day banking 24/7. And as with online banking, it’s safe and secure. Use it to:
- check account balances
- pay bills
- transfer funds between accounts or with Interac e-Transfer®
- remotely deposit a cheque, from anywhere and at any time, using Deposit Anywhere™
- schedule payments
- check our rates
- find our locations and more
Download for free
Other convenient services
Tap-to-pay whenever possible
When you tap to pay, you are touching less. Use your Flash®-enabled Member Card® debit card to make contactless payments at any point-of-sale machine at participating retailers.
With transaction and spending limits in place – up to $100 per single or $200 for total cumulative Flash transactions – it’s a secure and safe way to pay for your day-to-day purchases. And whenever these limits are exceeded, you will be prompted to insert your card to pay for the purchase. Doing this resets the limits.
Our ATMs and the ding free® Network
Complete much of your banking at one of our ATMs, and if you cannot easily access one, use a ding free® ATM instead.
Ding free means that our members won’t pay a surcharge at another credit union or other participating ATMs across Canada for withdrawals, deposits and balance inquiries.
With more than 4,500 ding free ATMs across the country, it’s a network bigger than most banks. Download the free locator app here.
Here for each other
During times like these, the human spirit shows itself to be remarkable and enduring. We thank our members for their support and understanding and also for their many acts of kindness.
Answering the call
Earlier this month, we directed $60,000 to Humber River Hospital on behalf of our members for the purchase of much-needed COVID-19 rapid testing equipment. +
With these diagnostic machines now in place, this acute-care hospital, which serves about 850,000 people in the GTA’s northwest, is accelerating onsite testing up to 210 combined tests each day and reducing wait times for results to just 75 minutes.
Having this critical equipment at the ready means earlier identification and isolation of positive cases. It’s a game-changer in protecting our community and frontline healthcare workers.
AiutiAMO l’Italia/ Help Italy
We also made a donation in response to the AiutiAMO l’Italia/Help Italy appeal. These funds will be used to support the critical groundwork by the Italian Red Cross and the Italian Civil Protection Department to help the most vulnerable, including those living in the country’s particularly hard-hit northern regions.