Tips to protect against fraud
Your Member Card debit card is like a key to your account. Protect yourself against fraud with these tips.
- Never lend your card to anyone, including friends and family.
- Always protect your PIN, which is your electronic signature. Memorize it, never write it down, and never disclose it to anyone.
- When selecting a PIN, always avoid easy-to-guess information such as a name, street number, telephone number, or date of birth.
- Never let your card out of sight when conducting a transaction and always keep it in hand. You should be the only person making a transaction, from start to finish.
- Use your hand or body to shield your PIN when completing a transaction.
- After completing a transaction, remember to retrieve your debit card and your transaction record, if requested and/or provided.
- If the card is lost, stolen or retained by an ATM, notify IC Savings immediately.
- If you believe your card to be stolen, report this to local police.
With Interac Flash®
- Rest easy. Transaction limits are in place as is the Interac Zero Liability Policy. Learn more. https://www.interac.ca/en/consumers/security/interac-debit/
- PIN verifications will kick in when the cumulative spend limit is reached.
- New technology protects against counterfeit cards and fraudulent activity like skimming.