We are committed to ensuring our online services are accessible to all users. The information below suggests how to obtain the best user experience on our website and explains what we have done to make the website accessible.
Adjust your computer's settings for a better experience
You can improve your online experience by customizing your computer's settings to meet your individual needs. For example, you can increase the size of all fonts or change the colour scheme.
Keep your browser updated
We recommend you keep your browsers up-to-date. Newer browsers tend to provide more display options to make content accessible, and may work better with assistive technologies. For more information on which browsers we support, visit the Browser Requirements section.
How we have made our website accessible
We have created our website in accordance with the World Wide Web Consortium's (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0. These guidelines assist website developers by describing best practices for creating websites that are accessible to all users.
Some of the ways we achieve online accessibility include:
- Building webpages in a way that allows you to disable the CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) on your browsers or modify the text size using browser controls if the colours or fonts make content difficult to read.
- Providing a 'skip to content' link at the top of all pages, allowing you to quickly access the body content on each page while avoiding headers and navigation.
- Creating webpages that allow visually impaired users to navigate the site effectively with a screen reading aid. For example, images have text-based descriptions, title attributes tell users where a link will take them if they click on it, and structured headings provide an overview of the site that lets users jump quickly to desired sections.
Contact us if you have trouble using our website
If you experience difficulties in accessing any content or functionality on our website, please contact us. We are always open to making improvements to provide the best possible online experience for our users.
2. Statement of Commitment
4. Accessibility Standards
5. Self-Service Kiosks
7. Accessibility Plan
8. Policy Review
To maximize your Internet banking experience and for your Internet security, we recommend using the latest supported browsers. Please note that we do not support Beta or test versions of browsers.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: Download the latest version of Internet Explorer.
- Firefox: Download the latest version of Firefox.
- Safari: Download the latest version of Safari.
- Google Chrome: Download the latest version of Google Chrome.
Please note that in downloading the supported required browser version, you acknowledge that these are third party sites and we cannot take any responsibility for the consequences of your downloading these browsers.
Internet Explorer is the only browser that supports our current biometric login. Biometric login is required to access some Business Online Banking functionality.
128-Bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Encryption
To access our services, your browser must also support 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption. All the browsers we support meet this requirement. If yours doesn't, please download the appropriate encryption support from your browser's supplier.
We have no minimum hardware requirements; however, certain minimum requirements may be specified by the browser you are using.